Generic filters
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Search in excerpt
Filter by Custom Post Type

Better Care Guide

The Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE) provides a tool which lets you search for care providers in particular locations.

Updated: 16th March 2018

Buckinghamshire County Council – Adult Social Care Complaints

If you have any concerns about a service, please speak to the appropriate member of staff as soon as possible. You could also contact their manager to discuss your dissatisfaction.

To make a complaint use the statutory complaints process. Put your complaint in writing to the Bucks County Council setting out what has happened and what resolution you are seeking to put things right.

Buckinghamshire County Council, County Hall, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, HP20 1UA

01296 387844

Please read the attached Bucks County Council feedback and complaints procedures.

Updated: 23rd April 2019

Buckinghamshire County Council Care Services Directory 2017/2018

If you have any questions on Care Services and what is available in Buckinghamshire.

Read the directory

Updated: 29th March 2018

Buckinghamshire Dementia Roadmap

The Buckinghamshire Dementia Roadmap provides high quality information about the dementia journey alongside local information about services, support groups and care pathways.

Updated: 14th June 2018

Carer information: Eating and drinking at end of life

This leaflet is designed for the relatives and carers of people who are reaching the end of their lives. It has been developed following requests by a number of GPs and Dietitians. The leaflet is to help reassure carers that loss of appetite and reduction in food intake is a normal and expected part of the dying process.

Download the leaflet

Updated: 29th April 2019

Carers Bucks

Carers Bucks exists entirely to support and promote the wellbeing of family carers. We support carers of all ages and in different caring roles, including young carers, parents of children with a physical or learning disability, older carers,carers from the black and minority ethnic community [B2]  and those looking after someone with mental health problems, including depression.

Ardenham Court
Oxford Road
Aylesbury HP19 8HT

0300 777 2722

Updated: 12th June 2018

Equipment, adaptations and improvements to the home to help those living with dementia

Most people with dementia wish to remain in their own homes for as long as possible, but as a person’s dementia progresses they may find everyday tasks more difficult. Using equipment and making adaptations to the home environment can help someone to continue to do things for themselves for longer.

Updated: 10th July 2018

Get support at home on return from hospital

You can get support and care from the British Red Cross to help you live independently at home or when you return after a stay in hospital. If you’re returning from hospital, they can make sure you have everything you need for your first 24 to 72 hours back at home. They may then provide up to 12 weeks of support depending on the level of help you need.

01235 552 665

Updated: 10th July 2018

Getting informed, getting prepared

Lots of people find that they need more help or support as they get older. Starting to look for care and support can feel overwhelming, but there are lots of people and organisations that can help.

This website contains a short film and some information to help people who are starting to look for care and support for themselves or someone else, now or in the future.

Updated: 14th June 2018

Help in the home

Do you live in Buckinghamshire and need help around the house? An Age UK Buckinghamshire home helper can assist older people with general cleaning, vacuuming, laundry, shopping and prescription collections. You choose which tasks your home helper carries out for you each week, supporting you to remain in control of keeping your home the way you like it to be.

01296 431 911


Updated: 10th July 2018

How the GP can support a person with dementia

GPs and GP practice staff (including practice nurses) have an important role in supporting people with dementia and their carers. It is important that people with dementia and carers have regular check-ups with their own doctor (at least once a year). They should see them as soon as possible if they have any concerns about their health. This page looks at the different kinds of support available from a GP for a person with dementia. It also explains how they and their carer can access them.

Updated: 10th July 2018

Independent Age guides

Independent Age provides free guides and factsheets that are full of information to help you boost your income, find the care you need, remain independent, choose the right place to live, stay connected with others, and more. They are aimed at people who live in England.

Updated: 14th June 2018

Memory Support Service

The Memory Support Service can support people with a diagnosis of dementia and their carers who live in Buckinghamshire. The advisors are members of a fully trained and dedicated team working in the community alongside GP surgeries and memory clinics, and will offer information, guidance and support. The advisors can help in different ways, either by meeting with you in your own home, or via a telephone conversation.

Contact the Memory Support Service

01296 331749

The Memory Support Service is run by Alzheimer’s Society on behalf of Buckinghamshire County Council and in partnership with Buckinghamshire Clinical Commissioning Groups [CCG].

Updated: 10th July 2018

NICE Quick guides for social care

A quick, easy way to access key information from NICE on social care topics including:

  • Understanding intermediate care, including reablement
  • Better home care for older people
  • Getting help to overcome abuse

Updated: 4th July 2018

Safeguarding Adults

Adults with care and support needs are amongst the most vulnerable members of society. Protecting them from becoming victims of abuse is everyone’s responsibility.

If you have concerns about an adult call the Safeguarding Adults Team:

During office hours 0800 137 915

Out of office hours 0800 999 7677

For more information visit the Bucks Safeguarding Adults Board website


Updated: 12th April 2018

Social Care Institute for Excellence

The Social Care Institute for Excellence has a tool which lets you search for care providers in particular locations.

Updated: 29th March 2018

Subscribe to the Healthwatch Bucks email newsletter