Our overall rating:
Healthwatch Bucks has visited, rated and reviewed The Chestnuts
Visited 6th June 2018
Dignity in Care Ratings
How people are treated:
Just like being at home:
Quality of life:
We recommend that The Chestnuts:
- prints pictorial menus on the reverse of the written menus in the units where residents might struggle to read whether that be because the live with dementia or sight loss.
- ensures the correct days menu is displayed
- enables visitors to eat or sit with their relatives during mealtimes.
- ensures those who may no longer see well have access to audio / talking books via Bucks library, Calibre audio library or the RNIB
- removes notices asking relatives to visit residents in their rooms to prevent upset to other residents in the lounge
- considers turning TVs off when residents are not in the lounges
- tries to create more groupings of chairs to enable residents to talk to each other in the lounge rather than sitting in two rows
- removes the A4 laminated details about individuals’ diets from public view
- brings the standard of décor in the entrance hallway and lift and corridors leading to the units up to the standard of that in the units themselves
- ensures everyone knocks on doors and waits for consent before entering a room
- looks to create a pictorial activity board for those unable to read the activity whiteboard
- looks to create more opportunities for residents to go out perhaps through recruiting more volunteers
Rate and review this service
Your name and email address and other identifying information will not be published and will be stored in accordance with our data protection policy. Required fields are marked with an asterisk.