Our overall rating:
Healthwatch Bucks has visited, rated and reviewed St Leonards Care Home
Visited 25th September 2019
Dignity in Care ratings
How people are treated:
Just like being at home:
Quality of life:
- trials two cooked meal options on a Wednesday instead of a roast and a salad as they know that the salad is rarely chosen.
- ensures there are enough mugs, teaspoons, milk etc in the small kitchen in the The Willows so people can easily help themselves to drinks
- looks to introduce pictorial signage on toilets in The Beeches for those living with more advanced dementia who perhaps visit from The Willows
- remembers to keep the picture menus on the wall up-to-date whilst preparing to replace these with better photo versions
- puts up a pictorial activity schedule in The Willows to help those living with dementia access information more easily
- ensures the date and day are kept up-to-date in all areas where this is shown
- looks to introduce a daily pictorial menu / activity board for The Willows to use as an aide memoire for residents
Response from the provider
Thank you very much for the positive and constructive feedback which has been shared with all our staff and residents. We have developed an action plan to address your findings and we will address all that you have identified. Our aim has been and will always be to evolve and grow our home to ensure the residents live well and thrive here at St Leonards.
Rate and review this service
Your name and email address and other identifying information will not be published and will be stored in accordance with our data protection policy. Required fields are marked with an asterisk.