Street address Seeleys House
01494 475 340
We have rated and reviewed Seeleys Respite Centre
Visited 6th November 2018
Dignity in Care ratings
We recommend that Seeleys Respite Centre:
- puts up a pictorial weekly menu in the dining room and ensures the daily one showing the
evening meal is updated prior to the evening
- asks what each resident would like to drink with a meal and offer at least water as well as
juice as options. Serve drinks in containers appropriate to the needs of each person. Perhaps
transparent glasses might have been more suitable on the evening we visited.
- encourages staff to sit down to eat alongside residents especially on evenings when there
might only be two residents staying to make a meal more like it might be at home
- encourages residents, who are able and wish to, to participate in helping prepare meals,
wash up, set tables and other every day activities which happen in homes
- considers putting up weekly photo staff rotas up in both dining room and lounge so
residents can check for themselves who is on duty when
- puts up a written and pictorial activity schedule so residents can see what options they
might have when.
- increases the number of exercise-based activities to encourage residents to keep fit and
Public ratings and reviews
If Seeleys Respite Centre would like to respond to any of the comments, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Some clients are being cancelled because there is a lack of appropriate staff. I feel that this is currently an unsafe environment for people to be staying in.
Rate and review this service