Our overall rating:
Healthwatch Bucks has visited, rated and reviewed Little Oaks Residential Home
Visited 7th December 2017
Our Dignity in Care Ratings:
How people are treated:
Just like being at home:
Quality of life:
We recommend that Little Oaks:
- improves the signage in some of the corridors and personalizing residents’ doors
Dignity in Care Enter & View visit to Little Oaks
- helps residents get to know each other better by
appropriate introductions and encouragement by staff
- introduces both written and pictorial menus to help residents with of menu choice;
- has more water/cold drinks easily available to residents in lounges.
- could consider how I-pad technology could help residents in future, such as creating pictorial options for food.
Response from the provider
I am pleased to advise that improving the signage at Little Oaks was already in progress and should be installed by the end of January 2018. Thank you for suggesting using iPad technology, we already have one and taking forward your recommendation of photographing meals to enable residents to visualise the menus that are being offered, is a good idea.
Rate and review this service
Your name and email address and other identifying information will not be published and will be stored in accordance with our data protection policy. Required fields are marked with an asterisk.