Our overall rating:
Healthwatch Bucks has visited, rated and reviewed Hulcott Nursing Home
Visited 2nd July 2019
Dignity in Care Ratings
How people are treated:
Just like being at home:
Quality of life:
We recommend that Hulcott Nursing Home:
- looks to have vegetables in serving dishes at the table for residents to help themselves or staff to ask what they would like. We saw meals arrive at each table fully plated
- continues to encourage residents to go out into the garden
- involves those who are interested in the running of the home in activities such as helping run an activity, laying the table or interviewing staff
- increases the number of chair-based exercise and encourages more residents to engage with these
- looks to see if any local sixth forms might be interested in seeing if any teenagers might be able to provide musical entertainment or residents might go to listen to rehearsals of concerts or plays/musicals/dance shows.
Response from the provider
We are very proud of all our staff who make the home so welcoming. We have looked at the recommendations made within the report and are very enthusiastic about introducing them into our care home.
Rate and review this service