Street address Bledlow Road
We have rated and reviewed Cherry Tree Nursing Home
Visited 26th September 2018
Dignity in Care ratings
We recommend that Cherry Tree:
- reminds staff to address residents using the name they have asked to be used
- ensures that drinks are accessible to all residents especially those who are not mobile enough to help themselves
- reviews the menus to ensure a wide variety of food including cooked vegetarian options other than omelette
- ensures there are written and pictorial menus available in the dining rooms at least. The manager told us this would be put on a rolling screen on the new TV in the reception area.
- reminds staff to think about TV volume and heat in the communal areas when they pass through at various times to ensure they are appropriate
- reminds staff to ask residents whether they would like a bib at mealtimes
- puts up pictorial signs (as well as words) on all communal room doors such as toilets
- asks residents about where they might like to get more involved, eg. interviewing potential new staff or folding serviettes for meals, so they feel it’s more like home
- puts up a schedule of activities so that residents and visitors know what is going on and when. The manager told us this would be put on a rolling screen on the new TV in the reception area.
- continues to involve volunteers in activities to give residents more opportunities to go outside etc.
- ensures there are exercise sessions for residents including chair based ones
- involves residents in feeding the ducks
- contacts the Home Library service for a source of books, especially audio books. Calibre Audio library would also be a source of these materials although they are delivered by post rather than by a volunteer visiting the home
- starts more simple get together group activities in the lounge to bring people together to socialise eg. cards, dominoes, knitting etc
- puts audio description on personal TVs where residents might have a sight problem
- contacts The Macular Society and Bucks Vision for support with residents with a sight loss
To see our previous report from 2015 please go to the Completed Dignity in Care reports – Saunderton page.
Public ratings and reviews
If Cherry Tree Nursing Home would like to respond to any of the comments, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Disgusting treatment during Covid, no updates on her illness at all, noone answered Skype so I could speak to Mum! My Mum passed away I had no contact from them at all only to ask when her room was being cleared! Absolutely horrified at the way they treat people after death.
[Some content withheld in accordance with our Comments Policy]
Rate and review this service