Our overall rating:
Healthwatch Bucks has visited, rated and reviewed Bartletts Residential Home
Visited 3rd October 2018
Dignity in Care ratings
How people are treated:
Just like being at home:
Quality of life:
We recommend that Bartletts:
- builds paths of solid material rather than gravel to aid those who use walkers, sticks or wheelchairs to move around.
- ensures the activity schedules can be read by everyone i.e. easy to locate, print in larger font and pictorial versions to aid comprehension
- looks to create pictorial menus and/or offers two plates of cooked food to those who cannot remember what they might have ordered for lunch
- removes the list of residents’ names and room numbers from the corridor
- looks to invest in a minibus to enable more people to go out together
- involves residents involved in stocking the new greenhouse with pots, compost and choosing seeds for spring planting etc., not just periodic planting, so those who like gardening are involved on a weekly basis
Response from the provider
We now have daily ‘key activities’ and picture menus are up in each lounge and a folder showing large pictures of meals. Compost and winter bedding plants have been purchased along with a heater to keep the greenhouse at an adequate temperature.
Rate and review this service
Your name and email address and other identifying information will not be published and will be stored in accordance with our data protection policy. Required fields are marked with an asterisk.