What is Healthwatch?
We are one of 148 independent Local Healthwatch organisations set up by the government under the Health and Social Care Act 2012. Our role is to ensure that health and social care services put the experiences of people at the heart of their work.
Healthwatch Bucks is the Local Healthwatch for Buckinghamshire, under contract to the Buckinghamshire Council.
What do we want?
Our vision is that your experiences, ideas and opinions make a positive difference to the way health and social care is provided in Buckinghamshire.
How will we make that happen?
Our mission is to ensure that the collective voice of people using health and social care services is heard, considered and acted upon.
Our objectives are to:
- Listen to you, the residents of Buckinghamshire, so we understand what you think about health & social care
- Influence the right people so that your views make a difference to health and social care services
- Change the way health and social care services are commissioned and delivered for the better
How do we work?
- Independent – of those who buy, design or deliver health and social care services
- Listening – and focused on understanding what your views are on health & social care services
- Active – we get out and about and make things happen
- Focussed – and target our delivery on our priority areas
- Balanced – we work across the health, wellbeing and social care agendas
- Volunteer based – volunteers are at the heart of Healthwatch Bucks
- Collaborative – we work with other people to extend our reach
- Signposters – helping you work out where you need to go to get the services you need
How are we set up?
We are a Company Limited by Guarantee registered in England.
Our registered office is at:
29-31 Castle Street,
Our company registration number is 08426201.