We are one of 148 independent local organisations set up by the government to ensure that decision-makers and health and social care services put the experiences of people at the heart of their work.
What do we want?
Our vision is that your experiences, ideas and opinions make a positive difference to the way health and social care is provided in Buckinghamshire.
How will we make that happen?
Our mission is to ensure that the collective voice of people using health and social care services is heard, considered and acted upon.
Our objectives are to:
- Listen to you, the residents of Buckinghamshire, so we understand what you think about health & social care
- Influence the right people so that your views make a difference to health and social care services
- Change the way health and social care services are commissioned and delivered for the better
We always ask ourselves….
what difference does this make for patients and other service users?
Our priorities for 2019-20 are:
- Mental health and Wellbeing
- Adult Social Care
- Primary and Community Care (care closer to home)
The priorities will guide our focus around key aspects of our activity
How do we work?
- Independent – of those who buy, design or deliver health and social care services
- Listening – and focused on understanding what your views are on health & social care services
- Active – we get out and about and make things happen
- Focussed – and target our delivery on our priority areas
- Balanced – we work across the health, wellbeing and social care agendas
- Volunteer based – volunteers are at the heart of Healthwatch Bucks
- Collaborative – we work with other people to extend our reach
- Signposters – helping you work out where you need to go to get the services you need
How are we set up?
We are a Company Limited by Guarantee registered in England. Our registered office is at:
6 Centre Parade,
Place Farm Way,
Monks Risborough, HP27 9JS
Our company registration number is 08426201.