Cookies are small data files that we place on your computer. They improve your experience by:
- remembering settings and information
- measuring how you use the website so we can make sure it meets your needs
The majority are placed by the WordPress software and plugins to support essential functionality and do not contain personal information.
Measuring website usage through Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics (GA) to view statistics on the way you use our website. We can check:
- how many people have visited our website and the webpages they view.
- how many times documents (such as inspection reports) have been downloaded.
- the number of keyword searches.
_ga – used to distinguish users
_gid – used to distinguish users
_gat – used to throttle request rate
Third party cookies
Third party cookies are set by other websites. We use their online tools to make our website work better for you. These cookies may contain personal data and you must give consent before they are stored on your device.
Measuring website usage through Facebook Pixel
We use Facebook Pixel to view statistics on the way you use our website. We can check:
- how many people have visited our website and the webpages they view
- how many times documents (such as inspection reports) have been downloaded
- the number of keyword searches
We do not use the Custom Audiences or Conversion Tracking features.
If you are logged into Facebook, Facebook Pixel sets a number of cookies when you use our site. We cannot tell you the names of these cookies, or what they are used for, because Facebook does not publish this information. However, since these are third-party cookies they can be blocked quite easily and will not affect the performance of the site.
Managing the cookies on your computer
You can restrict or block cookies set by our website and others by changing the settings in your browser. Doing this however may impact the way our website works for you in the future.
Visit the About Cookies website at https://www.aboutcookies.org.uk/ to find out more about restricting or blocking cookies in different browsers.
You can also learn more about cookies at https://www.gov.uk/support/cookies on the gov.uk website.
Updated: 1 June 2018