Start at stage 1. Move to the next stage if your problem isn’t sorted or you’re unhappy with the response.

Stage 1 - talk to a member of staff

If you feel comfortable doing so, it’s always best to mention your concern to the member of staff you are dealing with or their manager. They may be able to sort things out for you.

There are several options:

  • your audiologist may have a complaints procedure
  • your audiologist may be a member of the British Society of Hearing Aid Audiologists, which has an independent complaints resolution service
  • if your hearing aids are not as described or are faulty, you have rights under the Consumer Rights Act
  • if you have hearing care paid for by the NHS, see the section about complaining to the CCG

The Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire and Berkshire West Integrated Care Board – BOB ICB – handles concerns and complaints about primary care services it commissions and pays for.

These are:

  • GP surgeries
  • Dentists
  • Opticians
  • Pharmacy services.

NHS Frimley ICB employs and hosts the complaints teams working on behalf of six ICBs in the South East region, including BOB ICB.

A complaint about a BOB ICB service can be made by:

0300 561 0290

South East Complaints Hub, NHS Frimley ICB, Aldershot Centre for Health, Hospital Hill, Aldershot, Hampshire, GU11 1AY

The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman makes final decisions on complaints that have not been resolved by the NHS in England and other public organisations.

0345 015 403

Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman, Millbank Tower, Millbank, London SW1P 4QP

The Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC) regulates health, social work and psychological professions. To do this they:

  • set standards for professionals’ education and training and practice;
  • keep a register of professionals, known as ‘registrants’, who meet our standards; and
  • take action if professionals on our Register do not meet our standards.

Here are some of the professions regulated by the HCPC:

  • Audiologists
  • Chiropodists/podiatrists
  • Dietitians
  • Occupational therapists
  • Orthoptists
  • Paramedics
  • Physiotherapists
  • Practitioner psychologists
  • Prosthetists/orthotists
  • Radiographers
  • Social workers
  • Speech and language therapists

If you have concerns about the fitness to practise of a registrant use the following contacts.

0800 328 4218

Subscribe to the Healthwatch Bucks email newsletter