Start at stage 1 and move on to the following stage if your problem isn’t sorted out or you are unhappy with the response.

Stage 1 - talk to a member of staff

If you feel comfortable doing so, it’s always best to mention your concern to the member of staff you are dealing with or their manager. They may be able to sort things out for you.

The contact details for your GP surgery’s practice manager should be on your surgery’s website together with the procedures and policies it follows.  Or you can ask at your surgery’s reception desk.

NHS England handle concerns or complaints relating to directly commissioned services or services provided by NHS England. This includes primary care (GPs, dentists, pharmacists and optometrists).

A complaint can be made by:

0300 311 22 33

Please email “for the attention of the complaints team”

NHS England, PO Box 16738, Redditch, B97 9PT

In British Sign Language (BSL): BSL users can talk to us via a video call to a BSL interpreter.

The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman makes final decisions on complaints that have not been resolved by the NHS in England and other public organisations.

0345 015 403

Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman, Millbank Tower, Millbank, London SW1P 4QP

If you need to raise a concern about a doctor you can do this with the General Medical council.

Subscribe to the Healthwatch Bucks email newsletter