Start at stage 1. Move to the next stage if your problem isn’t sorted or you’re unhappy with the response.

Stage 1 - talk to a member of staff

If you feel comfortable doing so, it’s always best to mention your concern to the member of staff you are dealing with or their manager. They may be able to sort things out for you.

There are several options:

  • your dental practice may have a complaints procedure
  • there is a Dental Complaints Service , which aims to resolve complaints and is funded by the General Dental Council
  • if you have dental treatment under the NHS, see the section about complaining to the CCG.

The Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire and Berkshire West Integrated Care Board – BOB ICB – handles concerns and complaints about primary care services it commissions and pays for.

These are:

  • GP surgeries
  • Dentists
  • Opticians
  • Pharmacy services.

NHS Frimley ICB employs and hosts the complaints teams working on behalf of six ICBs in the South East region, including BOB ICB.

A complaint about a BOB ICB service can be made by:

0300 561 0290

South East Complaints Hub, NHS Frimley ICB, Aldershot Centre for Health, Hospital Hill, Aldershot, Hampshire, GU11 1AY

The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman makes final decisions on complaints that have not been resolved by the NHS in England and other public organisations.

0345 015 403

Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman, Millbank Tower, Millbank, London SW1P 4QP

The General Dental Council regulates dental professionals in the UK, maintaining standards for the benefit of patients

020 7167 6000

37 Wimpole Street, London, W1G 8DQ

Subscribe to the Healthwatch Bucks email newsletter