Getting a COVID-19 vaccine
Autumn and Winter 2021/22:
- Those eligible for a booster vaccine (minimum of 6 months after a 2nd dose) will be advised by the NHS to book via the National Booking Site or call free on 119 now.
- All healthy children aged 12-15 will be immunised at school OR parents/ guardians can book an appointment for them at a local clinic via the NHS booking site here.
- Anyone from the Phase 1 group who is immunosuppressed or is a household contact will receive their 3rd dose as per specific advice from their GP or consultant.
The Evergreen vaccination offer:
- Anyone aged 16 or over can visit a walk-in clinic, or book their COVID-19 vaccination appointment via the NHS website here.
If you have to change your appointment for any reason, please cancel the old one so someone else can book.
For updates on local drop-in clinics, and vaccine news visits: Bucks CCG COVID-19 vaccination updates
Number of vaccines given in Buckinghamshire
789, 733 – to 17 October in Buckinghamshire
2,561,389- to 17 October in our health region (Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire and Berkshire West)
These figures include first and second doses. For more information, visit NHS.UK: COVID-19 vaccinations.
Vaccination sites in Buckinghamshire
There are a number of different ways you can be vaccinated:
- Local Vaccination Sites
- Pharmacy Sites
- Mass Vaccination Site – Our is at The Guttmann Centre, Aylesbury
- At walk-in clinics and the Health on the Move vaccination van without an appointment.
Visit Bucks CCG COVID-19 vaccination updates for up to date info on all local clinics and vaccination news.
Local Vaccination Sites
Local vaccination sites in Bucks are listed below. For up to date information on each site’s dates and times visit the Clinical Commissioning Group webpage here
- Adams Park – Hillbottom Rd, High Wycombe HP12 4HJ
- Amersham Health Centre – Chiltern Ave, Amersham HP6 5AY
- Buckingham Community Centre – Cornwalls Mdw, Buckingham MK18 1RP
- Burnham Health Centre – Minniecroft Rd, Burnham, Slough SL1 7DE
- Chalfont Hospital – Hampden Rd, Chalfont St Peter, Gerrards Cross SL9 9DR
- Chess Medical Centre – 260-290 Berkhampstead Rd, Chesham HP5 3EZ
- Stoke Mandeville Stadium – Guttmann Rd, Aylesbury HP21 9PP
- Norden House Surgery – Norden House, Avenue Rd, Winslow, Buckingham MK18 3DW
- Risborough Community Centre – Wades Park/Stratton Rd, Princes Risborough HP27 9AX
- Wycombe Town Hall – High Wycombe HP11 2XE
Pharmacy Vaccination Sites
If you have received a text from the NHS you can book your vaccination at one of the Pharmacy Vaccination Sites using the National Booking System.
If you need to change or cancel your appointment for any reason please do this via the National Booking System or by calling 119.
Mass Vaccination Sites
Mass Vaccination Sites are bookable through the National Booking System or by calling 119.
The Mass Vaccination Site in Buckinghamshire is The Guttman Centre, HP21 9PP. There is free parking and volunteers on hand to help and assist.
Booster doses and vaccination of 12-15-year-olds are also being delivered here. When you receive your invitation from the NHS there may also be walk-in clinics you can attend – view local site updates here
Useful websites and contacts
For more information, visit:
- the Buckinghamshire Clinical Commissioning Group website
- the Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust website
For other enquiries (vaccination information only, and not other individual or personal health enquiries) contact: email@example.com
Useful leaflets, videos and other information
For more information:
- watch this short video giving advice to pregnant women who want to find out when they should get vaccinated When is the best time to get the COVID-19 vaccination during pregnancy?
- read this leaflet for children aged 12-15 information leaflet for 12 to 15 year olds and their parents/ guardians
- read this leaflet for young people aged 16 and 17 information leaflet for young people aged 16 and 17
- watch these translated videos if you’re trying to get pregnant, are pregnant or breastfeeding information in 5 South Asian languages
- visit GOV.UK: COVID-19 vaccination guide for older adults in English and other languages
- view the statement and position from The British Islamic Medical Association on COVID-19 vaccination
- view information on mental health for young people from Every Mind Matters – Mental wellbeing tips
- you can watch a YouTube video providing information about vaccines for people with a learning disability and/or autism
- Healthwatch Bucks asked patients for feedback on our local COVID-19 vaccination sites. View the actions taken here
Published on 29 Oct, 2021