The National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) is the UK’s largest funder of health and care research, investing approximately £1.3 billion every year.
They are looking for a patients, service users, carers or members of the public to be Patient and Public Involvement (PPI) Representatives on their Academy Advisory Groups.
They are looking for:
- experience of participating in formal meetings, e.g. school governor, ethics committee, charity trustee
- experience of assessing complex written documents
- knowledge and experience of patient and public involvement in health and social care services and/or research
- ability to reflect a broader range of patient, service user, carer and public perspectives in addition to own personal experience
- ability to take part in constructive debate and present views succinctly
- understanding of the public sector
You can find out more on their website.