Each year, 20% of people in the UK see a doctor about a musculoskeletal (MSK) problem.
MSK conditions are a group of conditions that affect the bones, joints, muscles and spine. There are 3 groups of MSK conditions:
- inflammatory conditions
- for example, rheumatoid arthritis
- conditions of MSK pain
- for example, osteoarthritis, back pain
- osteoporosis and fragility fractures
- for example, fracture after fall from standing height
Patients in Buckinghamshire experiencing any of these conditions are referred to NHS Buckinghamshire Musculoskeletal Integrated Care Service (MusIC) run by Care UK. The service works from the following community locations throughout Buckinghamshire
- The Merlin Centre, Cressex
- Marlow Health Clinic
- Thame Community Hospital
- Chalfont and Gerrards Cross Hospital
- Chesham Leisure Centre
- Buckingham Community Hospital
- Brookside Clinic, Aylesbury
- Burnham Health Centre
- Iver Heath Health Centre
Have you used the Buckinghamshire Musculoskeletal Integrated Care Service (Care UK) in the last year?
If so, we want to hear about your experience!