The Chief Executive Group leading the plans to improve health and wellbeing across Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire and West Berkshire met recently.
They agreed where they will focus efforts as part of the NHS Five Year Plan published in March last year.
- Preventing ill health by encouraging more healthy lifestyles
- Improving collaboration between the different parts of the health and care system
- Making advances in cancer treatment and care to achieve better results
- Making more and better use of digital technology to improve communications with patients and between those giving health and care services
- Improving conditions for those working in and with the NHS so that more of them stay in the service
- Developing a plan to make the best use of the buildings and facilities that we have in our area.
The Chief Executive Group will share learnings across the three parts of the area to increase their ability to support people in their own homes and avoid urgent or emergency visits to hospital.
They also want to improve maternity care, mental health services and make it easier for people to get good quality primary health care from the professionals we first go to for help such as GPS, dentists and pharmacists.
At Healthwatch Bucks we support all plans which will help improve care for those who live and work here. But we want to make sure that those in charge take notice of the ideas and opinions of those who use health and care services.
Health and care providers have a duty to listen to what you have to say. So please let us know what you think about how you would like it to be in future.