Bucks Stroke Support is a county-wide service provided by the Stroke Association and Buckinghamshire Healthcare Trust. The service provides high quality information, practical advice and emotional support following a stroke.
Whether you are a stroke survivor, carer or family member, Bucks Stroke Support will begin working with you after a stroke and will support stroke survivors in their recovery journeys from 6 to 12 months post stroke.
Stroke awareness and prevention is focussed on:
Employers sessions for blood pressure check ups for users and/or staff.
Presentations on stroke awareness and prevention to any group interested in receiving this information
Supporting stroke survivors is focussed on:
- Undertaking home visits to stroke survivors to support them, their families and carers with dealing with the impact of a stroke.
- Referring strokes survivors to any appropriate service.
- Supporting stroke survivors to access Life After Stroke grant
Other activities include
- Supporting existing stroke groups
- Promoting and developing stroke cafes throughout the county to allow stroke survivors an informal opportunity to meet peers and similar survivors.
Blood pressure checking sessions are available at:
24 July from 13.00 to 19.00 at Flackwell heath Library HP10 9AA
1 August from 11.00 to 15.00 at Chiltern Pools Open Fair, Woodside Road, Amersham, HP6 5AH
21 August from 10.00 to 17.00 at Chiltern Open Air Museum, HP8 4AB.