Ensuring that members of our community are treated with dignity and respect is an essential part of the work we do; that’s why we’re supporting Bucks County Council at their annual Dignity and Respect Awards.
The Awards celebrate outstanding examples of how dignity and respect are demonstrated across Buckinghamshire, and Bucks County Council are looking for individuals, teams and organisations that have gone above and beyond to support people in a way that promotes dignity, respect and well-being.
We’re also extremely pleased to announce that our Chief Executive, Thalia, will be speaking about Dignity in Care at the awards as well as providing her expertise on the judging panel.
Do you know someone who has gone that EXTRA mile to show dignity and respect to you or others? If so, why not nominate them for an award in your community. From your relative or neighbour, to your carer or GP – now’s the time to shout about your dignity and respect hero.
You can complete your nomination:
Nominations will be open until 24 February 2017 and the award ceremony will take place on 19 May at:
The Oculus, The Gateway
Gatehouse Road, Aylesbury
Event time: 10am to 1pm
You can book your place from 13 March 2017 by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
2016 Dignity and Respect Awards
The 2016 dignity and respect awards were great success with over 150 attendees there to celebrate excellent examples of best practice. If you’re unsure who to nominate, have a look at last year’s winners below or read Bucks CC guide to nominating.
2016 award winners
- Social care winner – Graham Judge Epilepsy Society
- Social care runner up- Nicky Beadle Bluebird care
- Social care runner up- Eddie Whetton Swarthmore care home
- Community winner – Mary Mitchell Marlow
- Community runner up – Shopmobility Alyesbury
- Community runner up – Turnfurlong Infant School Aylesbury
- Health winner – The Weston Team Aylesbury
- Health runner up –Adult community Health Team Aylesbury
- Health runner up – Dr Sian Roberts and Deidre Watkins John Hampton Surgery
We can’t wait to see you there, the team at Healthwatch Bucks!
Published on 8 Feb, 2017